Are you particularly fond of the McDonalds Tartar sauce? Want to make your own from home but not sure what you will need or what you need to do? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Today, I’ll be sharing with you a very similar recipe that you can follow along from home.
Put it in your own Filet-o-fish or another seafood dish of your choosing.
So, how do you make McDonald’s Tartar Sauce? To make a Tartar sauce similar to the one found at McDonald’s, you will need to blend a mixture of ingredients together to make an emulsion. You can use an automatic blender, food processor, or hand blender to mix the ingredients together.
It’s actually very simple and you only need a handful of ingredients.
Let’s get into it.
McDonalds Tartar Sauce Recipe
This copycat McDonalds Tartar Sauce recipe is ideal for any fish dish!
- 1/2 Cup of Full-Fat Plain Mayonnaise,
- 3 Tablespoons of Dill Pickle Relish
- 1 Teaspoon of Capers
- 2 Tablespoons of Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Chopped, Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- Purchase all of your ingredients and have them to hand.
- Weigh out the ingredients, then mix all of the mayonnaise, capers, parsley, salt,, sugar and half of the relish and onion together using a blender, food processor, or mixing device.
- Add the remaining relish and onion to the blended tartar mixture.
- If your tartar sauce is too thick, you can always add in a tablespoon of milk to make the sauce runnier.
- Transfer to an air-tight container for refrigeration. Tupperware, a glass bottle, or a jar works well here.
- Serve after 1-3 hours of refrigeration, or store for up to 5-7 days.
- After a few days, you may notice the sauce starts to change color and does not look as appetizing.
- It is at the juncture you may need to make some more from scratch.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 15gCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 0.25g
**Just consider nutritional values may vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used.
And that’s pretty much it.
It shouldn’t only take you 5-10 minutes to prepare and then a little time longer for the sauce to refrigerate.
But by doing this, you should have a very similar tasting tartar sauce that you’ve come to love from McDonald’s.
Just be sure to invest in a good blender. If you had to Amazon, you can pick one up for a great price.
It will make your life easier for this recipe, and any other sauce you decide you want to imitate going forward too! 🙂
Other McDonalds sauce related guides and recipes you may want to check out:
- McDonalds Bagel Sauce Recipe
- McDonalds Sweet And Sour Sauce Recipe
- How To Make McDonalds Tartar Sauce
- How Long Does McDonalds Sauce Last?
- What Sauce Does McDonalds Have?
- Who Makes Mcdonalds BBQ Sauce?
- What Sauce Is On A Big Mac?
- What Is McChicken Sauce?
- McDonald’s Sauce Calories
Hello. I’m Jeremy – an experienced saucier who has worked in some of the top kitchens over the last few decades. With a love for sauces, food, and nutrition, I decided to create WeWantTheSauce. Here I share my knowledge and expertise; from ingredients and recipes to storage all the way through to recommendations for every sauce imaginable.