You’re about to order a drink at Starbucks; then you notice the Mocha sauce on the menu. But before you order it along with your Latte, Macchiato, or Cappuccino, you want to know what it is, right? Besides, there’s nothing worse than getting a drink you don’t want to finish, or you end up not being able to have. So let us walk you through all you need to know here today.
So, what is mocha sauce at Starbucks? Mocha sauce at Starbucks is a cocoa-coffee flavored sauce that adds an element of deep and dark richness and bitter-sweetness to drinks it is added to. All Mocha drinks contain it by default or, it can be ordered as an extra in most other drinks.
Sounds good, right?
Well, it is.
But what is it made of exactly, what drinks does it come included with by default, and perhaps most importantly – can you buy it should you end up liking it?!
What Is In Starbucks Mocha Sauce?
Mocha sauce at Starbucks is made of water, sugar, cocoa powder, fat-reduced cocoa powder, and vanilla extract.
As such, this sauce is naturally vegan.
Though the truth cannot be said for Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha sauce, which contains dairy.
Want to check the nutrition? Read my guide here -> Starbucks Mocha Sauce Nutrition.
What Drinks Does Mocha Sauce Come With At Starbucks?
Mocha sauce comes included with all Mocha drinks by default; Caffe Mocha, Iced Caffe Mocha, White Chocolate Mocha, and Iced White Chocolate Mocha. Java Chip Frappuccino, Mocha Frappuccino, Chocolate Cream Frappuccino, and Mocha Frappuccino’s will also come with it unless ordered otherwise.
Just consider that the white chocolate versions, however, include the white chocolate variant of the sauce.
Now, depending on the size of the drink you order depends on how many ‘pumps’ of the sauce you get.
- Short – 2 Mocha Sauce Pumps
- Tall – 3 Mocha Sauce Pumps
- Grande – 4 Mocha Sauce Pumps
- Venti – 5 Mocha Sauce Pumps
Also, consider that for any of the other hot drinks, say an Americano, Latte, Flat White, or Cappuccino, you can ask to have Mocha sauce added (as an optional extra).
Can You Buy Starbucks Mocha Sauce?
You cannot buy Starbucks Mocha sauce directly from Starbucks, either in-store or via their website.
There are, however, alternatives that you can purchase from the likes of Amazon and Walmart, which are designed to offer similar flavor profiles.
At Amazon, you can get the Fontana brand of regular Mocha sauce.
- Perfect For Making Mochas, This Sauce Adds A Chocolaty Touch To The Coffee Beverages You Make At Home.
- This 63-Fl Oz Bottle Comes With A Handy Dispensing Pump To Make It Easy To Top Off Your Coffee Beverages And Desserts With The Rich Flavor Of Semi-Sweet Chocolate.
- A Pump Bottle Of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mocha Sauce To Flavor Your Coffee – And Satisfy Your Can'T-Be-Denied Chocolate Craving.
- Item Form : Liquid
- Now you can have the same syrups and flavors you love at the store.
- Recreate your favorite drinks, frappuccinos, lattes, and concoctions at home. Great for drinks, beverage bases, cooking, baking, desserts.
- Choose from: White Chocolate, Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Bittersweet Chocolate, Caramel, Creme, Coffee.
- Great value with a 63 oz Bottle.
- You can also complement your order with a set of convenient dispensing pumps.
At Walmart, you can get the Fontana brand in various different flavors:
What Is The Difference Between Mocha Sauce And Mocha Syrup?
The difference between mocha sauce and mocha syrup is in the consistency. The sauce is thicker and tends to work best in hot drinks. In comparison, the mocha syrup has a runnier consistency and is generally considered to be more versatile, being great in both hot drinks and cold drinks alike.
Mocha Sauce a Starbucks is a rich, indulgent chocolate-flavored sauce.
No surprise it comes included with most of the chocolate-themed drinks on the menu, as standard.
But, if you did want some variety or to add a chocolatey twist to your creamy latte or cappuccino, give it a try.
Related Starbucks sauce guides:
Hello. I’m Jeremy – an experienced saucier who has worked in some of the top kitchens over the last few decades. With a love for sauces, food, and nutrition, I decided to create WeWantTheSauce. Here I share my knowledge and expertise; from ingredients and recipes to storage all the way through to recommendations for every sauce imaginable.