Are you looking to invest in a good sauce maker? Perhaps you are looking to make savory tomato sauce, perhaps sweet apple sauce? Either way, you’ve come to the right place!
Today, I am going to be sharing with you the best sauce makers that are currently available on the market.
All of which can be used to make any sauce that you desire. You’ll be getting apparatus that makes the process considerably easier, quicker, and most importantly, will give you the texture and consistency you are seeking.
What to follow will be a curated list of the standout products and the pros and cons of each option.
But if you are short of time and just want to discover the top picks, here they are:
So why have these particular makers been shortlisted?
Why are they the options to consider?
Let us now explore each model to see!
- 1 Ball freshTECH HarvestPro Sauce and Salsa Maker
- 2 Johnny Apple Sauce Maker Model 250 Food Strainer
- 3 Norpro 1951 “The Original” Sauce Master
- 4 Weston Food Strainer and Sauce Maker
- 5 Sauce Maker Buyers Guide
- 6 Final Verdict
Ball freshTECH HarvestPro Sauce and Salsa Maker
- Set includes: Standard screen, Coarse screen, Tamper, Cleaning brush
- Extra-wide 2.5" chute saves time, which means less prep needed for fruits and vegetables
- Durable, fully enclosed splash guard helps prevent splatter and mess
- Oversized auger enables a more consistent puree
- Unique silicone wiper automatically rotates to reduce clogging and maximize yield
The Ball freshTECH HarvestPro Sauce and Salsa Maker is the editor’s choice and my recommendation.
It is sturdy, durable, practical, and highly functional too.
It looks smart on the countertop and is compact enough to store away.
👍Intuitive dial controls make it easy to change settings and power the machine on and off.
👍 Highly versatile; can make sauces, salsas, dips, spreads, and soups.
👍Automatic and does not require manual operation and physical effort.
👍Most parts are dishwasher safe.
👎Replacement parts can be challenging to obtain.
👎You need to follow instructions provided for optimal use and they are not considered the most user-friendly.
Johnny Apple Sauce Maker Model 250 Food Strainer
- SUPERIOR DURABILITY: Sturdy cast aluminum body and easy-to-install stainless steel screens. Plastic components are BPA free.
- SECURE MOUNT: New clamp design has 10 square inches of clamping surface. Can mount to countertops from 3/4" to 2-1/8" thick
- MANUAL OR ELECTRIC: Designed for manual use with the improved handle, or replace that with the optional Electric Motor VKPMOTOR
- INCLUDES: Apple/Tomato Screen (1.3mm holes), Standard Spiral (6-3/4” long), and Instruction Manual
While titled an Apple Sauce Maker and ideal for such use cases, the Johnny Sauce Maker model can double up to make any sauce you desire.
This product from Kitchen Crop has an extensive list of positive reviews and customer experiences.
While it may not look as visually appealing, it does make up for it in its practical use and processing ability.
👍Made of high-quality stainless steel, preventing rust and wear.
👍Extended waste sprout enables you to capture and prevent losing waste.
👍 Extended warranty from date of purchase.
👍Great price and an affordable option.
👍Very easy to use, clean, and store.
👎Requires manual operation and hand cranking. Although you can purchase an additional motor to automate processing.
👎Turn crank is prone to sliding out.
Norpro 1951 “The Original” Sauce Master
- Capacity: 3QT / 95OZ
- The only strainer you'll need for vegetables, fruits and purees.
- This multiple use strainer forces food through a chrome plated steel screen, automatically separating the juice and pulp in one easy operation.
- Includes standard fine mesh screen, standard spiral, recipe and instruction booklet
- Additional screens available separately (1953 Berry Screen, 1954 Pumpkin Screen and 1954SS Salsa Screen).
Norpro is a reputable brand and supplier of kitchenware since 1973; their sauce maker is a continuation of their ability to make a great product.
This high-quality strainer will enable you to make your sauces, sales, and preserves at home – whether you are working with vegetables, or fruits.
👍Easy to use and clean once operational.
👍Very efficient and great at handling mess.
👍Includes beneficial extras including a fine mesh screen, standard spiral, recipe and instruction booklet.
👎Clamping mechanism is considered too small by some users.
👎Requires assembly and is considered a little tricky to set up by some users.
Weston Food Strainer and Sauce Maker
- Weston’s Tomato Press & Sauce Maker separates skin and seeds from pulp
- Includes a stomper to safely apply pressure
- An extra-large capacity hopper holds approximately 1 gallon of fruits or vegetables
- Our dual-mount system ensures stability with either a suction cup base or C-clamp
- Includes a stainless steel multi-purpose screen (1.5 mm) perfect for tomatoes
The Weston Food Strainer and Sauce Maker is another you should absolutely consider.
It provides you with all the functionality you are going to need at a great, respectable price.
👍Considered very easy to assemble and ready for operational use quickly.
👍Bery efficient and maximizes yield with little waste.
👍Made of high-quality materials.
👍Great value and price.
👎Some users report that it has been known to leak. Although other customers have overcome the issue with a better understanding of the machine.
👎Considered a little messy to clean up.
👎Suction cup and table clamp may require regular refastening, if not attached properly, to begin with
Sauce Maker Buyers Guide
Below, we will take a look at the various different aspects of buying a sauce maker, covering some key areas or questions that you may have.
What To Look For In A Sauce Maker
If you are not sure what sauce maker to buy or are wondering how these particular items made the shortlist, then the following factors will help you make a decision.
Ease of Use
First and foremost, you want your sauce maker to save you time and effort.
Besides, chances are you are currently manually pressing, squeezing, preparing, slicing, cutting, peeling, and separating.
You want your sauce maker to make the process easier, more efficient, and more resourceful.
When it comes to actually set up and operating the machine, you want that to be effortless too.
One of the worst parts about cooking, or making sauces, is the washing up/cleaning after.
A good sauce maker will naturally reduce mess, or allow you to clean up much easier after.
For instance, dishwasher safe parts, or functionality that collects waste/prevents splitting.
If you are purchasing a sauce maker, you want it to be able to make a wide variety of sauces.
It should be able to make apple sauce and tomato sauce.
It should be able to make purees, soups, preserves, etc too.
The design of the sauce maker is essential.
Not just in terms of how it works but in maximizing yield, preventing damage, frustration, or any other difficulties.
The better-designed products are generally more user-friendly and durable.
Types Of Sauce Maker
There are generally two different types of sauce makers. Firstly you have manual strainers, and then you have automatic processing machines.
Both can work particularly well, and there are pros and cons to each.
For instance, manually operated strainers are generally much more affordable and you have more control over the processing.
That being said, they can be physically challenging to use, require you to stand over them to process, and generally be a lot more involved.
Automatic strainers, on the other hand, operate via a motor and enable you to finely control the processing via settings or dial controls.
While they are much less effort to use, they do come at a price.
If you are looking for a sauce maker, I personally would not look any further than the Ball freshTECH HarvestPro Sauce and Salsa Maker.
It will make the entire process much easier, and it has been designed with a number of important features that really set it apart:
- An extra-wide 2.5″ chute that saves time and requires less prep,
- Durable, fully enclosed splash guard that helps prevent splatter and mess
- Unique silicone wiper that automatically rotates to reduce clogging and maximize yield
- A one-step UniLock system that detaches for easy dishwasher-safe cleanup
- A large nesting hopper and built-in cord pocket ensure compact storage
These are truly stand-out features.
But don’t just take my word for it.
Head over to Amazon and check the reviews to see for yourself 👇
Are you looking for other products to make or store sauces? Check out my other buyer’s guides below:
Hello. I’m Jeremy – an experienced saucier who has worked in some of the top kitchens over the last few decades. With a love for sauces, food, and nutrition, I decided to create WeWantTheSauce. Here I share my knowledge and expertise; from ingredients and recipes to storage all the way through to recommendations for every sauce imaginable.