Are you in love with the great-tasting burger sauce that you get down at Sonic?
And now you don’t need to hit the drive-through the next time you’re craving that savory-sweet goodness.
I’ve put together a Sonic Crave Sauce recipe with all the great flavor of the original that you can make at home in just a few minutes.
And you’re going to want to make it.
Sonic Crave sauce is the perfect blend of creamy mayonnaise, tomato sauce, pickle relish, and spices that turns an ordinary burger into a mouth-watering sensation.
Plus, it packs just enough heat to make it interesting without being too spicy.
Plus, by using fresh ingredients, you’ll have a versatile and sophisticated sauce that you can serve at backyard barbeques or elegant dinner parties.
So read on and learn how easy it is to make a great-tasting Sonic Crave Sauce recipe that will have your guests clamoring to know your secret.
- 1 What Do You Need To Make Sonic Crave Sauce
- 2 How To Make Sonic Crave Sauce
- 3 Other Things To Consider When Making Sonic Crave Sauce
- 4 Sonic Crave Sauce Recipe
What Do You Need To Make Sonic Crave Sauce
I recommend using homemade mayonnaise for a richer, creamier flavor, but you can use your favorite store-bought brand.
If you like a bit of tang, feel free to substitute Miracle Whip for the mayonnaise.
Intensifies the flavor. You can substitute garlic powder.
However, make sure you don’t use garlic salt, which will overpower your sauce.
Use your favorite brand. Feel free to substitute chopped sweet pickles or sweet pickle relish for the dill relish if you want a sweeter-tasting sauce.
The diced onion deepens the flavor of the sauce.
You can substitute a red onion if you want a more intense flavor.
Adds the right amount of rich tomato flavor and sweetness.
For more tomato flavor, add a tablespoon of tomato paste.
Fresh Lemon Juice
Fresh lemon juice is best. However, you can substitute two teaspoons of bottled lemon juice if you don’t have access to fresh lemons.
Adds an earthy, musky flavor, with just a touch of bitterness to balance out the sweetness of the tomato sauce.
Gives your sauce some exotic spice and intensifies its color. ]#Feel free to substitute smoked paprika.
Adds just the right amount of spiciness.
Feel free to add more if you like it hot.
Salt and Black Pepper
I recommend using coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Salt helps unlock the other flavors, but be sure you taste it so you don’t over-season your sauce.
- Cutting board and knife (for the fresh garlic and onion)
- Non-reactive mixing bowl
- Blender (optional)
How To Make Sonic Crave Sauce
Step One: First, peel and mince the fresh garlic and finely dice the fresh onion.
Step Two: Next, add all the ingredients to a non-reactive mixing bowl and whisk well until smooth.
Step Three: For a smoother sauce, pour it into a blender and pulse until you reach your desired consistency.
Step Four: Taste your sauce and adjust any of the ingredients.
Step Five: Season with salt and pepper.
Step Six: Chill your sauce in the fridge for at least two hours before serving to allow the flavors to develop.
Step Seven: Serve warm or chilled.
Other Things To Consider When Making Sonic Crave Sauce
It’s Easy to Customize Your Sonic Crave Sauce Recipe
This recipe makes an authentic tasting Sonic Crave sauce.
But why limit yourself when it’s so easy to customize your Sonic Crave sauce?
- For example, add a tablespoon of honey if you like a sweeter sauce.
- Or add more cayenne or a teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce to give it more heat.
- Soften the flavors of the fresh garlic and onion by sauteing them in olive oil for a few minutes before adding them to the sauce.
- You can add a tablespoon of red wine vinegar to give it some tang.
The bottom line, have fun experimenting with different ingredients.
Who knows? You might discover a better-tasting sauce than the original.
What Can I Eat With Sonic Crave Sauce
This Sonic Crave Sauce recipe makes a savory-sweet sauce that transforms an ordinary burger into a backyard masterpiece.
But with its perfect blend of flavors, this versatile sauce will go with so much more than just burgers.
- Use it as a great-tasting dipping sauce for all your favorite finger foods.
- The savory richness brings out the flavor of grilled steak and pork.
- Serve with french fries or roasted potatoes.
- Makes a tasty sandwich spread.
- Drizzle over toasted french bread for a quick and easy appetizer.
- This sauce pairs well with grilled chicken.
- Brush over meatloaf before cooking to give it a flavorful and savory crust.
- Goes great with or as a dipping sauce for grilled sausages.
I like to serve it warm, drizzled over grilled vegetables as a delicious savory-sweet side dish that goes great with any entree.
Make More Than You Need
This versatile sauce goes with so many of your favorite foods that you’ll want to ensure you always have some on hand.
So go ahead and double the recipe.
Your Sonic Crave Sauce will stay fresh in the fridge for up to two weeks, though I wouldn’t recommend freezing it.
TIP: This Sonic Crave Sauce recipe tastes great served warmed or chilled!
Sonic Crave Sauce Recipe
If you are looking for the perfect creamy burger sauce with a kick, this Sonic Crave Sauce Recipe is for you. It's just like the original and can be prepared and made in under 10 minutes.
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- ¾ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons tomato sauce
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 ½ tablespoons of pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, peel and mince the fresh garlic and finely dice the fresh onion.
- In a non-reactive mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, tomato sauce, lemon juice, minced garlic, diced onion, pickle relish, turmeric, paprika, and ground cayenne pepper.
- Using your whisk, mix well until the sauce is smooth. If you want a smoother sauce, pour the ingredients into a blender and pulse until you reach your desired consistency.
- Taste your sauce and adjust any of the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill in the fridge for at least two hours to give time for the flavors to develop.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Like it sweet? Add a teaspoon of honey.
- Spice up your sauce with another ½ teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper or a teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce.
- Add a tablespoon of water if you want a thinner Sonic Crave sauce.
- Substitute smoked paprika or add a few drops of liquid smoke for an intense smoky taste.
- Add more lemon juice and some lemon zest to give your sauce some zing.
- You can substitute Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise for a Mediterranean-inspired Sonic Crave sauce recipe.
- Add a tablespoon of red wine vinegar for more tang.
- Feel free to substitute garlic and onion powder for the fresh garlic and onion to save time.
- Add a tablespoon of tomato paste for a richer tomato flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 450mgCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 1g
Other Sonic-based guides you may want to see:
Hello. I’m Jeremy – an experienced saucier who has worked in some of the top kitchens over the last few decades. With a love for sauces, food, and nutrition, I decided to create WeWantTheSauce. Here I share my knowledge and expertise; from ingredients and recipes to storage all the way through to recommendations for every sauce imaginable.