Plump, juicy peaches and spicy habaneros – the perfect summertime match!
If you’ve been looking for a great Peach Habanero Hot Sauce recipe, your search is over.
The sweetness of the peaches pairs perfectly with the fiery heat of the habaneros. And with just enough tang, this hot sauce will be your go-to for all your summertime favorites.
Serve it over burgers, steaks, chicken, pork, and all things Mexican.
And since you’re making it at home, you control the heat – from a three-alarm fire to “I think something tickled my tongue.”
Plus, this recipe is super easy to make – put all the ingredients in a pan, simmer for ten minutes to unlock the flavors, pop it in a blender, give it a whirl, and you’re ready to go.
So little work for such great taste. Your guests will be begging to know your secret.
So if you’re ready to spice up your next summer cookout, read on for the best Peach Habanero Hot Sauce recipe and let the good times commence.
What Do You Need To Make Peach Habanero Hot Sauce
The star of the show.
The sweetness pairs perfectly with the habaneros.
Be sure to look for ripe peaches – the riper the better. They should be soft to the touch.
You can also use fresh apricots, nectarines, or plums; just adjust the amount for the size differences.
Adds a delicious fruity heat that goes great with the juicy peaches.
Cut the number in half, or use only one for more peach flavor and less heat.
For a touch of savory and sweet. I like Vidalia or Walla Walla Sweets for this recipe.
For a more intense onion flavor, substitute a red or white onion.
Deepens the taste and adds the perfect hint of bitterness.
Fresh Lemon Juice
Helps preserve the color and adds a citrus zing that brightens up your hot sauce.
If you prefer, you can use limes instead of lemons.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Adds a tang that balances the heat and sweetness.
Brown Sugar and Honey
Intensify the sweetness of the peaches. Brown sugar gives your sauce more depth, while honey is sweeter and gives your hot sauce a nice sheen.
Feel free to use more if you prefer a sweeter taste.
Ads exotic notes and a warm, peppery taste that complements the peaches and habaneros.
Unlocks the other flavors. I prefer kosher for its consistent taste.
However, if you prefer, you can use a different salt, but reduce the amount and taste it to avoid over-seasoning your hot sauce.
- Cutting board and knife
- Medium to large saucepan
- Spoon or spatula
How To Make Peach Habanero Hot Sauce
This Peach Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe is super easy to make.
Step One: First, add all the ingredients except the habaneros to a saucepan and bring to a low boil.
Step Two: Reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes.
Step Three: Next, add the habaneros and simmer for another five minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step Four: Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
Step Five: Taste your sauce and adjust any of the ingredients.
Allow to cool before serving.
Need a blender? Best Blender For Sauces ⋆ Top Picks & Buyers Guide ⋆
Other Things To Consider When Making Peach Habanero Hot Sauce
You Can Customize Your Peach Habanero Hot Sauce
The great thing about making hot sauces at home is that you control the heat. Cut the number of peppers in half for a milder sauce, or just use one.
Think spicy peach sauce rather than hot habanero sauce.
You can also add a ½ teaspoon of liquid smoke for an intense smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweet peaches and fiery peppers.
Try different peppers instead of the habaneros to change the heat profile – jalapenos, serranos, or chipotles are all excellent options.
What Can I Eat with Peach Habanero Hot Sauce?
This Peach Habanero Hot Sauce recipe is the perfect summer hot sauce!
Serve it anytime you’re craving that sweet, spicy flavor.
- Mix with ground pork to make delicious breakfast patties.
- Slather over wings.
- Add to mayonnaise for a sweet and spicy dip.
- This hot sauce goes great with all things pork – a personal favorite, Peach Habanero Pulled Pork Tacos.
- Use instead of ketchup on burgers for a new twist on a backyard classic.
Peach Habanero Hot Sauce also makes an excellent gift – bottle and put a bow on it. Your friends and family will love it!
Important Tips for Making the Perfect Peach Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe!
- Habaneros are hot. I mean really hot. So be careful when handling them. I recommend using gloves and avoid touching your eyes or nose. Even a little will burn like crazy.
- An immersion blender is handy for this recipe to save on cleanup.
- For the best flavor, look for super-ripe peaches. The riper, the better.
Make More Than You Need!
With so much summertime flavor, you’ll want to ensure you have enough to last through winter.
And since it tastes better the longer it sits…
Go ahead and double the recipe.
Extra hot sauce will stay fresh in the fridge for up to a month. Or up to six months in the freezer.
Nothing tastes better on a cold winter’s day than a pleasant reminder of summer.
Peach Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
This Peach Habanero Hot Sauce recipe is super simple and quick to make. The sweetness of the peaches pairs perfectly with the fiery heat of the habaneros. And with just enough tang, this hot sauce will be your go-to for all your summertime favorites.
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and diced
- 5 habanero peppers, stems removed
- ½ medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- Juice from two lemons
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- First, prepare your ingredients - peel and chop the garlic, habaneros, and ginger. Dice the onion and peaches.
- Add all the ingredients except the habaneros to your saucepan and bring it to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add the habaneros and simmer for another five minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to your blender and puree until it reaches your desired consistency. If you have an immersion blender, mix it right in the saucepan to cut down on the cleanup.
- Taste your hot sauce and adjust any of the ingredients.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Add more lemon juice or zest for a robust zing.
- Change the vinegar to change the tang - white wine vinegar will give your sauce a deeper flavor.
- Like a milder hot sauce? Just use one or two habaneros.
- You can increase the sugar and honey for a sweeter-tasting hot sauce.
- Substitute a red or white onion for the sweet for more onion flavor.
- Add ½ teaspoon of liquid smoke for an intense smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the peaches and habaneros.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 25Total Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 35mgNet Carbohydrates: 4gProtein: 0g
Other Habanero hot sauce recipes you may want to try:
- Chocolate Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
- Carrot Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
- Habanero Honey Hot Sauce Recipe
- Blueberry Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
- Pineapple Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
- Mango Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
- Garlic Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
- Chipotle Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
Hello. I’m Jeremy – an experienced saucier who has worked in some of the top kitchens over the last few decades. With a love for sauces, food, and nutrition, I decided to create WeWantTheSauce. Here I share my knowledge and expertise; from ingredients and recipes to storage all the way through to recommendations for every sauce imaginable.