I’ve tried my fair share of kitchen gadgets to create the perfect sauces over the years.
Yet, a Ninja Blender is one of the more recent additions to my kitchen.
Initially, I bought it for smoothies, but I have since been testing it on sauces and I am here to share with you my opinions and results.
- 1 Is A Ninja Blender Good For Sauces?
- 2 Why Ninja Blenders Are Good For Sauces
- 3 What Sauces You Can Make In A Ninja Blender
- 4 When You May Not Want To Use Ninja Blender For Sauces
- 5 Which Ninja Blender Is Best For Sauce?
- 6 Finally
Is A Ninja Blender Good For Sauces?
A ninja blender can be great for making sauces due to its powerful motor and sharp blades. You will need to ensure you use the right setting, however to achieve optimal results. For instance, you will need to use the pulse setting for sauces with chunkier, thicker textures and consistencies, like salsas.
Why Ninja Blenders Are Good For Sauces
Ninja Blenders are great for making sauces due to their powerful motors and variety of settings that enable to you to closely control the sharp blades.
They can easily, and perhaps even more importantly (quickly), break down even the toughest ingredients, ensuring that your sauce has a smooth and consistent texture.
At the same time, due to the various settings available, you have much greater control of the blades (which is not the case with all blenders, or even food processors).
From emulsifying salad dressings to pureeing tomato-based pasta sauces, the Ninja Blender can handle it all.
I’ve even used my Ninja Blender to create hollandaise sauce and found it to be a far more efficient means of making it.
What Sauces You Can Make In A Ninja Blender
The possibilities for sauce-making with a Ninja Blender are practically endless.
Here are just a few sauces I’ve successfully made using my beloved blender:
- Marinara Sauce: A classic tomato sauce that’s perfect for pasta or as a base for other Italian dishes. Simply blend tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs, and a little olive oil to create a delicious homemade marinara.
- Alfredo Sauce: A rich and creamy sauce made with heavy cream, butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese. The Ninja Blender ensures that all the ingredients are blended perfectly, resulting in a smooth and luxurious sauce.
- Hollandaise Sauce: Although a bit trickier to make, the Ninja Blender can still handle this classic sauce made with egg yolks, lemon juice, and melted butter.
- Tahini Sauce: Blend sesame seeds, lemon juice, garlic, and a touch of olive oil to create a creamy tahini sauce, perfect for drizzling over falafel or as a salad dressing.
- Aioli: Create a garlicky, creamy aioli by blending egg yolks, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. This versatile sauce is perfect for sandwiches, as a dip, or served with grilled veggies.
- Teriyaki Sauce: Blend soy sauce, mirin, sake, brown sugar, and garlic for a homemade teriyaki sauce that’s excellent for glazing or marinating meats, fish, and vegetables.
When You May Not Want To Use Ninja Blender For Sauces
While the Ninja Blender is excellent for most sauces, there are a few instances where you might want to opt for a different method.
Sauces That Require Gentle Heat
For example, if you’re making a delicate sauce that requires gentle heat, like a béarnaise or a custard-based sauce, it’s best to use a double boiler or a saucepan to ensure proper temperature control.
In these cases, a blender might introduce too much air into the mixture, which could affect the final result.
Sauces That Require Thicker Consistencies
Another situation where a Ninja Blender may not be ideal is when making sauces that require a thicker or textured consistency.
Due to the powerful blending capabilities of the Ninja Blender, it can be easy to over-process these sauces, resulting in a puree-like consistency instead of the desired chunky texture.
To achieve the perfect consistency for thicker, it’s essential to pulse the ingredients in the Ninja Blender rather than blending continuously.
Alternatively, you can also opt for hand-chopping or using a food processor with a chopping attachment to achieve a more consistent texture.
In summary, while the Ninja Blender is fantastic for many types of sauces, it’s essential to be mindful of the specific requirements of each sauce, whether it’s temperature control or maintaining a particular texture.
By adjusting your blending techniques or opting for alternative methods when necessary, you can ensure that your sauces turn out perfect every time.
Which Ninja Blender Is Best For Sauce?
I can wholeheartedly recommend the Ninja BL660 for sauce-making.
This powerful blender features an 1100-watt motor and three speeds, making it versatile enough to handle all your sauce needs.
Perhaps even more importantly, it has a pulsing function which is crucial if you intend on making chunkier sauces that require a thicker consistency.
The large 72-ounce pitcher is perfect for making big batches of sauce for a crowd or meal prepping, while the smaller single-serve cups are ideal for whipping up a quick salad dressing or marinade.
It’s also cost-effective and widely available.
- ULTIMATE POWER: 1100-watt motor powers through the toughest ingredients and pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks, smoothies, sauces, and more.
- VERSITILE FUNCTIONS: Professional performance with 3 manual speeds, pulse, and the single serve function for to-go cups. Stainless steel design ensures long-lasting use.
- XL CAPACITY: 72-oz. Total Crushing Pitcher is perfect for creating creamy frozen drinks and smoothies for the whole family, or entertaining guests. 64 oz. max liquid capacity.
- FOOD PROCESSING: Chop fresh ingredients evenly without any mush. Effortlessly mince, chop, grind, and blend a variety of ingredients for easy meal preparations and recipes.
- ON-THE-GO CONVENIENCE: Blend directly in the 16-oz. single-serve cup, attach the spout lid, and enjoy your creations on the go.
Ninja Blenders are undoubtedly a fantastic tool for creating a wide variety of sauces.
From classic marinara to creamy alfredo, the Ninja Blender can handle it all, making it a must-have for sauce enthusiasts everywhere!
Hello. I’m Jeremy – an experienced saucier who has worked in some of the top kitchens over the last few decades. With a love for sauces, food, and nutrition, I decided to create WeWantTheSauce. Here I share my knowledge and expertise; from ingredients and recipes to storage all the way through to recommendations for every sauce imaginable.