Are you looking to enjoy some Caribbean cuisine? Then Pollo Tropical is the place to go! But what sauces do they offer on their menu? What can you get to go with your food? Let’s find out!
So, what sauces does Pollo Tropical have? Pollo Tropical offers ten different sauces. These are Chipotle Mayo, Fresh Salsa, Cilantro Garlic, Curry Mustard, Regular BBQ, Guava BBQ, Pineapple Rum, Spicy Poyo-Poyo, Pollo Tropical Hot Sauce, and regular Ketchup.
How good do they sound!
And eight of those sauces there are signature sauces, entirely unique to Pollo Tropical.
But what is each one like and what is considered the best?
Let’s find out!
What Are Pollo Tropical Sauces Like?
Below you can see a description of each sauce at Pollo Tropical:
- Chipotle Mayo: Creamy and smoky with a subtle hint of spice,
- Fresh Salsa: Onions, tomatoes and cilantro, blended daily for heart-healthy flavor. Goes great with everything.
- Cilantro Garlic: Fresh garlic and cilantro are blended with tangy lime juice to round out this savory sauce. Best paired with Fried Yuca or Crispy Pollo Bites.
- Curry Mustard – A customer favorite, this is the perfect blend of curry mustard and mayo. Best paired with TropiChop.
- Regular BBQ – A traditional smoky favorite thats ideal for grilled chicken.
- Guava BBQ – Smoky BBQ with a dash of exotic guava and a splash of hot sauce. Great over Ribs or Roast Pork.
- Pineapple Rum – A blend of pineapple and dark rum. A great glaze for ribs!
- Spicy Poyo-Poyo – Spicy and peppery.
- Pollo Tropical Hot Sauce – Very spicy hot sauce!
- Ketchup – just as regular ketchup tastes, sweet and tomatoey!
What Is The Best Sauce At Pollo Tropical?
The best sauce at Pollo Tropical will depend on what you order and your personal preferences. That being said Cilantro Garlic and Curry Mustard are popular sauces and are routinely touted as some of the best sauces at this restaurant.
Pollo Tropical Nutrition
|Name||Serving Size (oz)||Calories||Total Fat (g)||Total Carbs(g)||Sodium (mg)|
|Guava BBQ Sauce||1||60||0||15||170|
|Cilantro Garlic Sauce||1||160||17||2||170|
|Pineapple Rum Sauce||1||60||0||14||90|
Hello. I’m Jeremy – an experienced saucier who has worked in some of the top kitchens over the last few decades. With a love for sauces, food, and nutrition, I decided to create WeWantTheSauce. Here I share my knowledge and expertise; from ingredients and recipes to storage all the way through to recommendations for every sauce imaginable.