Are you heading down to Chuy’s for some Tex-Mex? Wondering what sauces they have and what you can enjoy with your food? Well, here are the various different options on the menu.
So, what sauces do Chuy’s have? Chuy’s have a total of eight different sauces. These are Tomatillo, Deluxe Tomatillo, Ranchero, Tex-Mex, Red Chile, Green Chile, Hatch Green Chili, and Boom-Boom sauce.
Some interesting signature sauces, in there.
Perfect for a burrito, house specialty, or enchiladas.
But let’s be honest; these sauces are hardly descriptive.
It’s only natural to wonder what is each sauce is like and what can you expect from each one.
Let us now take a closer look so you choose the right sauce, for you.
Or failing that, you can always ask to try any one of the sauces before you go ahead and order it – Chuy’s are great, like that.
Nevertheless, onto the sauces…
What Are Chuy’s Sauces Like?
Below you can see what each Chuy’s sauce provides:
- Tomatillo – a tangy sauce with fresh green tomatillos (a specific type of tomato). These are then blended with green onions, cilantro & garlic.
- Deluxe Tomatillo – Tomatillo Sauce (outlined above) then blended with sour cream, fresh herbs, cilantro & spices.
- Ranchero – Made with fire-roasted tomatoes, caramelized onions, bell peppers, cilantro & spices. An ideal choice for children.
- Tex-Mex – A homemade Red Chile Sauce combined with made-from-scratch Chile con Carne.
- Red Chile – Chuy’s traditional sauce made from whole dried New Mexican red chiles, herbs & spices. This sauce has a rich & mildly smoky flavor.
- Green Chile – A rich & smoky sauce combining New Mexican green chiles, tomatoes, caramelized onions & spices.
- Hatch Green Chili – A spicy sauce and house specialty. Made with fire-roasted New Mexican green chiles & caramelized onions.
- Boom-Boom – Made from Roasted New Mexican green chiles, tomatillos, green onions & cilantro and then blended with cheese.
All sound good right?
Chuy’s Sauce Nutrition
|Chuy’s Sauce||Serving Size||Calories||Fat (g)||Carbs (g)||Sodium (mg)|
|Deluxe Tomatillo||3 oz||90||7||6||390|
|Red Chile||3 oz||70||2||9||570|
|Green Chile||3 oz||50||3||6||470|
|Hatch Green Chili||3 oz||20||0||3||900|
|Boom Boom||3 oz||220||17||4||1120|
Which Chuys Sauces Are Vegetarian?
The sauces suitable for vegetarians at Chuy’s are Tomatillo, Ranchero, Red Chile, Green Chili, and Hatch Green Chili.
Hello. I’m Jeremy – an experienced saucier who has worked in some of the top kitchens over the last few decades. With a love for sauces, food, and nutrition, I decided to create WeWantTheSauce. Here I share my knowledge and expertise; from ingredients and recipes to storage all the way through to recommendations for every sauce imaginable.