If you love sriracha (and who doesn’t), then naturally you’ll love the Creamy Sriracha Sauce down at Subway.
So much so, that you want to make it at home, right?
Well this Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce Recipe will help you do just that!
Sriracha gets its name from the seaside town of Si Racha, Thailand, where it was created over 70 years ago.
In 1949, Ms. Thanom Chakkapak was the first to combine spicy red chili paste, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and salt to make a sauce to add flavor to grilled fish, chicken, and vegetables.
And sriracha sauce was born.
From its humble beginnings, sriracha sauce has gone on to become famous the world over.
And in 2013, Subway took the spicy sweetness of sriracha and blended it with mayonnaise to make the perfect topping for their subs and sandwiches.
However, they discontinued it in 2019, leaving fans of the sauce hanging.
Fortunately, the wait is over, as this delicious sauce is super easy to make at home.
Today, I’ve put together a Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce recipe with all the great taste as the original. Yet, it is so easy to make you can put it together in just minutes.
The best part is that you only need six simple ingredients you probably already have in your fridge and pantry.
This sauce is full of flavor with just enough kick to spice up all your favorite dishes.
So if you love sriracha, read on for the best Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce recipe and embrace the spice!
- 1 What Do You Need to Make Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce
- 2 How To Make Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce
- 3 Other Things To Consider When Making Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce
- 4 Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce Recipe
What Do You Need to Make Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce
Intensifies the flavor of the sriracha chili sauce.
I recommend using fresh garlic, but you can substitute garlic powder if you don’t have any cloves available.
Nothing beats the taste and creaminess of homemade mayonnaise.
However, you can use your favorite brand if you don’t have time to make your own. Helman’s is an excellent choice.
Sriracha Chili Sauce
Sriracha is a hot sauce made from red chili paste, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt.
Similar in consistency to ketchup, it has a tangy, sweet, and spicy taste.
Fresh Lemon Juice
the acid cuts through the fats in the mayonnaise and gives your sauce a bright, crisp flavor.
Instead of lemons, you can substitute lime juice to change the tang.
Adds just enough sweetness to balance out the spice and tang.
Salt and Pepper
Add the finishing touch that brings all the flavors together, but go easy, so you don’t overseason your sauce.
- Cutting board
- Knife or garlic press
- Non-reactive mixing bowl
- Spoon or spatula
How To Make Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce
This Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce recipe is super easy to make, and you can have it ready in just minutes.
Step One: First, peel and finely mince the fresh garlic.
Step Two: Next, add all the ingredients to a non-reactive bowl and mix well.
Step Three: Taste your sauce, adjust any of the ingredients, and season with salt and pepper.
Step Four: Your sauce is ready, but for even better flavor, allow it to chill in the fridge for two hours so the flavors can develop.
You can serve it either chilled or warm.
Other Things To Consider When Making Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce
You Can Customize Your Sauce
This Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce recipe makes a great-tasting sauce just as it is.
But with a few simple changes, you can create some delicious variations.
For example, use Miracle Whip instead of mayo for a tasty twist.
Add two tablespoons of red wine or apple cider vinegar if you like more tang.
Chopped cilantro goes great with the sriracha and will give your sauce some color and an earthy flavor.
Or substitute Thai garlic paste or chili paste to change the heat.
Add fresh diced onion for a more savory taste.
Like it even hotter? Add a pinch (or two) of ground cayenne pepper.
While adding minced fresh ginger will give your sauce a warm, peppery flavor.
And a personal favorite – add a tablespoon of pineapple or orange juice for a sweet tropical-styled sriracha sauce that goes great with grilled fish.
What Can I Eat with Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce?
This Subway Creamy Sriracha Sauce recipe will make a great topping for all your favorite sandwiches and subs.
But after just one taste, you’ll be looking for new ways to enjoy it.
- Use it to spice up all kinds of burgers.
- Makes an excellent dipping sauce for fries and tater tots.
- The perfect dip for the perfect wings.
- Serve over seared tuna. Yum!
- Delicious with all types of grilled fish and seafood.
- An excellent topping for sushi and sushi rolls.
- And there’s nothing better than crispy crab cakes served with creamy sriracha – the spicy sauce pairs perfectly with the juicy, sweet crab meat.
Make More Than You Need!
This versatile sauce goes great with so many dishes, you’ll want to ensure you always have some on hand.
Plus, this sauce gets even better the longer it sits.
So go ahead and double the recipe.
Extra sauce will stay fresh in the fridge for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
However, I wouldn’t recommend freezing it. The mayonnaise tends to separate after freezing and loses its creaminess.
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of sriracha chili sauce
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, peel and finely mince the fresh garlic.
- Add the mayonnaise, minced garlic, sriracha chili sauce, lemon juice, and sugar to a non-reactive bowl and mix well.
- Taste your sauce and adjust any of the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Your sauce is ready, but it will taste even better if you give it a couple of hours to chill in the fridge before serving.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Use Miracle Whip instead of mayo for a tangy twist.
- Want even more tang? Add two tablespoons of red wine or apple cider vinegar.
- Chopped cilantro will give your sauce some color and an earthy taste.
- To change the heat, you can substitute Thai garlic or chili paste for the sriracha.
- Add fresh diced onion for a more savory flavor.
- Like it hot? Add a pinch (or two) of ground cayenne or a teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce.
- Adding minced fresh ginger will give your sauce a warm, peppery flavor.
- Add a tablespoon of pineapple or orange juice for a citrus-flavored sriracha sauce that goes great with grilled fish and chicken.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 9.5gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 0.5g
Other guides and recipes you may want to check out:
Hello, I’m Jeremy, a sauce enthusiast and taste trailblazer! My endless pursuit of new flavors has led me on a journey to master sauce making at home, along with try out a range of exciting brands and sauce offerings. Now I share my recipes, tips and recommendations on WeWantTheSauce to help fellow foodies find the perfect sauces.